Thursday, October 4, 2012

Schwarzenegger says he 'screwed up,' hopes to win Shriver back




Arnold Schwarzenegger said he blames no one but himself for the breakup of his 25-year marriage to Maria Shriver, whom he described as the only true love of his life.


"It's my fault. There's no one else to blame," the former California governor told CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight" in an interview that aired Tuesday. "I ... screwed up badly and I take the full blame for it."


Shriver filed for divorce last year shortly after Schwarzenegger acknowledged that he fathered a child outside marriage with the family's longtime housekeeper. He said he still hopes to win Shriver back.


"I love my kids dearly, and I love Maria ... She has been truly the only love that I've ever had and that's what is so pitiful about it," he said, describing her as extraordinary and "the most perfect wife."