Saturday, November 3, 2012

If I Stayed In Texas, I Might Have Been A Teen Mom


Selena Gomez is certainly living the high life, as her photo on the cover of Glamour‘s December issue clearly illustrates. 

But as the former Disney star admits within the pages of the magazine, her life could have been completely different! Selena, 20, reflected on her childhood in Texas with the magazine, opening up about how difficult her parents divorce was for her. 

“I was frustrated that my parents weren’t together and never saw the light at the end of the tunnel where my mom was working hard to provide a better life for me,” she says.

 She also added that she think that, had she remained in Texas, she’d already be a mother! “I’m terrified of what I would have become if I’d stayed there. I’m sure I’d have two children by now,” she shared. 

The former Wizards of Waverly Place star admitted, though, that even her life with Disney wasn’t without its hardships. “I was so scared and shy back then. I mean, I grew up in one of the biggest high schools in the world, and that’s the Disney Channel. 

Everybody was falling in love with each other or not liking each other, and it was exhausting…and I was the shy one in the corner. And now I’m so opinionated, and I don’t have time for the cattiness.

 I have good people around me, and I’m glad I’m at the place I’m in. I wish I was there back then,” she said. Are you surprised that Selena thinks she would have been a Texan teen mom