Monday, February 4, 2013

I Appeased my Father with a Goat -Nollywood Actress


Mercy Aigbe has emerged a major force to reckon with in Nollywood, and what’s more, she has her finger in every pie. Aside being an actress, she is also a scriptwriter and movie producer.In a recent interview she granted,She talks about her Father`s reaction on her acting career ,According to her, He was livid and practically disowned her. Eventually, Mercy had to get elders and uncles from her village that went to plead with her dad to take back his erring daughter. In order to finally settle the case, she bought a goat for her dad to appease him. 
 
“He did not take it likely. He was broken hearted! He was so mad at me. To show that he meant business, he did not pay my first year’s school fees. I had to beg, I had to buy a goat to appease him according to tradition. I had some of my uncles come over to beg him and later, he came around and said, ‘anyway, in Nigeria, it’s not what you study that determines the job you do. My daughter, you can study Theatre Arts and still be my Accountant someday.’ He eventually gave me his blessings.”