Wednesday, March 27, 2013

My Divorce Is Not The End Of Life And My God Has Given Me Cheer And Joy


Kate Henshaw has been a leading light, one of the veterans in Nollywood for a long time and she is still waxing strong. In this interview with newsmen, she speaks on issues bordering on the movie industry, her personal life, among other issues. Excerpts
Your divorce came as a shock to a lot of people. Why did you take that decision?

Shock? Have you not heard that Seal and Heidi (Klum) have divorced? Haven’t you seen people who have been married for 20 to 25 years and divorced? I’m not perfect; no one is. We all have our low moments. It doesn’t mean I’m a failure. Everybody goes through bad patches in life. Life must go on, whether we like it or not. It’s always better to part under good circumstances than for someone to be in jail, or die, or to be hurling insults at each other. There is no need for that.

It seems you don’t regret your divorce, because you always have this cheerful look?

It’s God. Looking back at my life, where I came from, I never even thought I would be an actress. I never even thought I would have an opportunity to meet people, to be a role mode. So, it’s not for me to feel self-pity. I’m grateful to God every single day. I choose to be happy. I am a happy person. Someone encouraged me with these words yesterday: ‘Every problem you have will resolve and dissolve’. So, my divorce is not the end of life and my God has given me cheer and joy. That explains why I am always happy and cheerful. No regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment