Monday, February 16, 2015

Actress Mercy Johnson Explains Her Husband's Dislike For Her Playing Sultry Roles


 Nollywood actress, Mercy Johnson, in a recent interview revealed why she quit some movie roles.

 In a recent interview with Punch, the actress who is married to Prince Odianosen Okojie said that her husband is jealous and so she had  to stop doing certain romantic roles.
Read excerpts after the cut.

She said 

 "My Husband wasn’t comfortable with the romantic scenes. I stopped taking up such roles in 2009 when I realised we were getting serious and headed for marriage. 
I was so in love with him that I started adjusting my lifestyle and personality to suit him. He is enlightened and well-travelled. He understands the demands of my job and has no problems with my career. He simply gives me space to fly." 

 "A lot of people asked me this question when I was getting married but at that point in my life, there was nothing too big to let go, even now. I am willing to let go of everything to be with him and be happy. 

 I am not in competition with anybody. I want to be married, I want to be with a man, just the way God has asked it be. I don’t want to take his role as a helper. He is an introvert and can stay at home all day when he isn’t working but I am the extrovert and we complement each other perfectly".

No comments:

Post a Comment